GOALS and OBJECTIVES:
- Provide counseling, instruction, and mentoring for those struggling with social, emotional, and behavioral problems.
- Increase achievement by assessing barriers to learning and determining the best instructional strategies to improve learning.
- Promote wellness and resilience by reinforcing communication and social skills, problem solving, anger management, self-regulation, self-determination, and optimism.
- Enhance understanding and acceptance of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Provide for prevention, early identification, and intervention in problems that interfere with child and family social functioning.* Provision and assistance and intervention to families in crisis
- Mobilize community resources to serve students and their families with problems that prevent them from coping with their environment* Develop a positive attitude toward mental health.
- In coordination with GCE program and staff, assist all students in achieving emotional, cognitive, and social competence according Illinois standards.
General Classroom Observation .
- Classroom culture and atmosphere: dynamics and interactions between educator and student(s).
- Dentify academic barriers to learning.
- Identification of possible child abuse or neglect, mandated reporting.
Social/Emotional Consultation and Classroom Observation Feedback
- Suggestions on how to best support educators/staff, awareness.
- Support effective individualized instruction.
- Design and implement student progress monitoring systems.
- Design and implement academic and behavioral interventions.
- How to best Create positive classroom environments
Staff Development – meetings and trainings
- Weeking Staff Meetings
- Development – assessing the student from a social/emotional prespective.
- Trauma – what is it, how does it look, what do i do about it?
- Awareness, awareness, awareness – culture, prejudices, convictions, ideals, values
Individual Parent(s) Consultation
- Assessing family culture and environment and impact on learning
- Support for parent(s) – establishing goals, structure, and support for accademic success
- “Crisis” Counseling – Three sessions to sort out “crisis”, referral if needed
- Monthly workshops to support and enhance student learning, parent(s)-teacher/staff relationship, family unit
Crisis Intervention –
- Community/Village issues that may come up.