After watching Waiting for Superman as a class, a number of opinions and questions surfaced about the state of education in America. Below are some of the key questions we focused on. What are your thoughts? Please click on the “Leave a comment” link to respond.
- What was the purpose of this documentary? How effectively did the film accomplish its purpose?
- What can the “average” person do after watching this documentary? Are we left with solutions/a plan of action?
- Is the lottery system fair? Is there a better way?
- How can scholarships be made more available for those who need it?
- Where is the money for “good teachers” going to come from?
- Do you think parochial and private schools have the same challenges as public schools? Why?
- Where do the responsibilities of teachers begin/end? What is the role of the student’s family/the student’s community?
- What did you notice about the way rhetorical techniques (sound, light, images, expert testimony, etc) were used to cue emotional responses?
- What did you learn from the film? What are you curious about investigating further? What questions are you left with?