Which do you prefer, snowpocolypse or snowmaggedon? That seems to be the question of the hour on local news tonight, as this increasingly intense storm heads our way.
SAFETY first. We would like to ask the following:
- Do you or your family need warmer clothes or blankets? If so, please reply DIRECTLY to me. If you would like to make available clothes and blankets in case of emergency, please let me know as well. We will prepare an emergency preparedness list of supplies.
- Do you have water and food in your home to last for a few days, and if not, can you go before 2pm Tuesday? Do you need our help? Please let us know and we will drive food over to you.
- Do you have several working phones, flashlights, candles, and matches? Do you need anything at all?
- Tuesday, unless you hear otherwise by 6am, school is in session. But we will have an early dismissal — 2:20pm.
- If the storm worsens dramatically throughout the morning, we may dismiss earlier still. No basketball practice Tuesday.
- Wednesday is a snow day. No school. HOWEVER, teachers will send assignments for you to do from home. We absolutely want you to enjoy yourselves and to play in the snow — we will — but we also want you to come prepared for class on Thursday.
- Thursday, school in session. I will notify you if things change.
- My cell: 312.404.4950. Call any time. If I do not answer, please leave a message.
- I will be the point person for any and all emergency calls and will notify team members for appropriate support.
Let’s take care of each other and enjoy the blizzard.