GCE English/History Sophomore course for the winter will dare you to read the classics,
classics that have been challenged, censored, banned and even burned!
We dare you to watch the Forbidden Books trailer below
and face the reading list featuring some of the books
we will investigate as from January 2011.
DARE YOU Reading List
- PLATO. (399 BC) The Apology of Socrates.
- The Bible. (2th century BC to 1st century CE) King James version.
- MUHAMMAD (610-632) Quran.
- MARX, Karl. (1848) The Communist Manifesto.
- BRADBURY, Ray. (1953) Fahrenheit 451.
- PULLMAN, Philip. (1995) The Golden Compass.
- ALEXIE, Sherman. (2007) The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian.
Which of those books is the most dangerous one?
To whom? Where? Why?
Forbidden Books: an investigation of classics that challenge “monocultures of the mind”.