The first action project in our class Art of Rhetoric was making and completing a resume. I was skeptical of making a resume at first because I didn’t think that I had enough background or experience that I could put onto a piece of paper, but going backwards and looking through everything that I had accomplished the problem changed to how do I fit the most important achievements on a piece of paper? Resumes are very important to have because at our age jobs are hard to find. Showing that you have experience with resumes looks good when applying to jobs. We learned that a resume needs to show ethos (credibility) in order to be approved by future employers. If you lie about something on your resume it will say a lot about you as a person.
1535 N Dayton St
Chicago, IL 60642
Phone line 2: 312.643.0979
Global Citizenship Experience High School, Chicago, Illinois 2012-Present
- Grades 10th-12th
Evanston Township High School, Evanston, Illinois 2010-2012
- Grades 9th-10th
Pictures Around The World Company 2012-Present
- Completed and presented a full business plan
- Implemented a website design
NASA FRC Robot Project January 2012-March 2012
Team Web Design and Photographer
- Assistant web designer
- Head photographer
- Collaborated with engineers
House Sitter 2009-Present
- Bringing in the mail, watering plants, and taking care of yard during summer vacation
United Conveyor Corporation June 2011- August 2011
- Received and filed company invoices
- Artwork displayed in YEA! (Young Evanston Artists) fair.
- 1st place in horseback riding competition at Glen Grove Equestrian Center.
- 1st place in Faces of Evanston photography contest.
- Volunteered at Park School (Special Education).
- Roots and Shoots (participated in beach clean-ups and helped plant/water the gardens in Evanston).
- Relay For Life (Raised money for cancer by participating in bake sales and selling t-shits).
- Soup Kitchen
- Road Less Traveled (Volunteered at Mission: Wolf)
Interests / Activities
- Video Production
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google+, and other Google tools.
- WordPress Portfolio
Objective Statement: I know that whatever I decide to do in life it will be to help a greater cause. I am very interested in helping make the environment a cleaner and healthier place for people to live in. I hope to achieve this by looking into environmental engineering or leading trips that teach people about the world and why it needs our help. I am a very passionate and creative person who is eager to finish a job once it is started.