For my Design and Engineering class, we worked in groups of four to create water heaters that would be powered completely by solar energy. For this, we used copper piping, aluminum containers and other found objects to create a functional heater. We ran into some issues during the building process, including leakages and how to keep the water centralized enough to heat it. For me, this was good because it gave us the opportunity to refine our designs and make them better, which is part of the engineers’ process.I thoroughly enjoyed working with my group to create something that was actually useful. Below is a presentation of our work.
October 18, 2012, by zf